Thursday, August 29, 2013

August 29, 2013

Well, it's been almost a week since I posted, and wow . . . a lot has happened . . .

I will try to post and share pictures from the night of my life this past Saturday as part of our wedding reception and celebration  . . . as I shared with our attendees we had much to celebrate: our marriage, family and now my/our pathway to recovery . . . and yes, I use "our: a lot, because it's not just "my" pathway; it is Scott's and Austin's too :)

In the meantime, wanted to update everyone on our pathway . . . but first, it is with my deepest-felt gratitude I say THANK YOU . . . THANK YOU for your continued prayers, messages, cards, phone calls, visits, food, etc. You cannot imagine how much it all means to us . . . we are so blessed to be surrounded with our family and many friends who continue to lift us up . . .  it is amazing . . . your prayers are felt whether we are home or at the treatment center, as well as days when I struggle to make it through and other days when I'm ok, I'm lifted even higher . . .

So, to update you, I received a call this past Monday from the Cancer Treatment Center. My plastic surgeon and surgeon, as well as the oncologist, had reviewed my records, biopsy, etc. again after we left last Friday. The plastic surgeon wants to conduct a surgical biopsy this coming week of the sentinel lymph node on my left side where the invasive tumor was found in lieu of the bilateral mastectomy as scheduled. Depending on what he finds, it will determine if other nodes need to be removed, as well as the next steps in regards to my mastectomy and reconstructive surgery.

To that end, we will be going back Monday evening as planned just not for the mastectomy. I have an appointment scheduled with a physical therapist, as well as the labs and my pre-op exam Tuesday prior to my surgery, which is scheduled for 3 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday. Then, I have a surgical consultant on Thursday before heading home late that evening.

I will continue to keep everyone posted, and again, please know how much we appreciate EVERYTHING you're doing for us . . . especially your strength-felt prayers . . . I am excited about the incredible things God is doing in my life, through me  . . . every day . . .

1 comment:

  1. I love You SweetHeart and I'm with You ALL the Way through Our "Pathway to Recovery"

    ReplyDelete