Monday, August 19, 2013

August 16, 2013

Because so many of you have been praying and concerned since my recent diagnosis and so supportive of me, Scott and Austin, I wanted to update you, and please feel free to share this post as we need your prayers and the prayers of others . . .

This past Tuesday, I had an MRI with and without dye then we met with my surgeon yesterday . . . . five days after our fairly tale wedding There is more ...cancer in my right breast than we initially thought based on the mammogram and biopsy so a lumpectomy is not an option. Then she told us there is a mass in my left breast that is more invasive than what is in my right breast, which did not show up on the mammogram, only on the MRI with dye, and there is reason to assume it could already be in my lymph node.

So at this time we are working toward/thinking a double mastectomy. I am scheduled to meet with a plastic surgeon next week, as well as have a targeted ultrasound and biopsy of my left breast and the left node.

Please pray for us as 1) this was so devastating, and 2) we have decisions to make as we seek God's guidance and will.

I am beyond grateful to God for His many blessings, and I know this too will be a testimony for me, but right now, I am especially thankful He not only gave me Austin, but He has also blessed me with a man, the love of my life, my rock, Scott Teague, who will travel this road with Austin and me, holding our hands all the way . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment